Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Anonymity

I've discovered recently that if you mention Zachary Quinto on your blog many people will read it. The Sarmy is a force to be reckoned with. I've blogged about sports and entertainment both here and at my other blogs and never gotten the kind of traffic that I got when I wrote fan mail to Zachary Quinto.

I never really thought people would read my blogs. What I mean is not that I assumed I had any sort of privacy when I wrote about my personal life in intimate detail and posted it on the internet...it's just that I never really thought about it much. I have a meter and I look at it but it does count things like the google bot and doesn't count things like google reader so I never really paid much attention to the counts until the counter on one of my other blogs had a sudden jump (right after my fan letter to Zachary Quinto).

When I first started blogging (and this was my first) I thought a little about who might read my stuff (as I've mentioned) and specifically didn't tell my friends and family that I was doing it so that they wouldn't read it (strangers I was okay with though). I've gotten over that since and put the link to this and my other blog on facebook where people I actually know can find it, but I still have tried to maintain a sort of anonymity (never mentioning people by name, not having an e-mail address on my profile, etc). I'm giving up one more of those veils now. I put an e-mail address on my profile.

I'm still not sure anyone actually reads this stuff, but if you do and you want to contact me now there is a way to do that. If anything, I expect I will now be graced with e-mails pointing out my lax editing...maybe I should just go through the archives and correct a few spelling errors while I'm thinking of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home